Monday, 2 October 2017

Reflection Diary 10.1 / Supercrit

[I put them up on the wall initially but forgot to take a picture]

Feedback from others
  • Overall everyone really likes the aesthetic, character, name etc. and generally say that as soon as they see it which is good.
  • They also said it reminds them of various games (some of which I was looking at for inspiration)
  • I need to work on the concept for the start a bit more - how people find out about it - eg even if that's just making up some ad/banners/posters which would be directing to the website.
    • eg "is your child struggling with the idea of moving, try this fun game'
  • Maybe for the presentation I should make one big long poster that goes down instead of the a4s I had today, to make it a little clearer - that's partly just the size of the type, busyness of the page. I think I should also reduce it to a few sentences for each thing rather than a paragraph
  • A little more explanation/demonstration of how the app works, eg a user journey of the character going along, finding a task, completing it, seeing it in their inventory
  • Also had some suggestions of using some kind of virtual reality combining the book and app? Like the app can recognise the pages and do something to that - though I'm not sure exactly what. I don't think I have time for that, but it's an interesting idea!

My own thoughts
  • I've realised recently because of having to present our stuff on the wall every class, I'm spending more time just making the backgrounds and making it look pretty than actually designing things. 
  • Especially with the covers - I think I need to think about them a little more in terms of compostion, etc (which I have done a little, but not tried many variations)
  • I think there needs to be a bit more narrative in terms of colour and setting of the background illustrations - eg it goes from pink/purple hues to blues to bluegreens - and maybe something that starts light and homeley, goes a bit darker around the start of the app then gets lighter again to represent them getting used to the place - eg less dark and scary, more good and familiar. 
    • Donald also suggested something like this 
    • He also said the pages are a bit too busy and wasn't sure if they were the screens or my presentation so I should clean them up a bit
  • I need to actually plan out some of this as simple sketches instead of just going straight into drawing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment