Thursday, 17 August 2017

New Brief -- New Places

I have decided to do the New Places brief - about kids moving house.


some extra research

http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/moving.html
https://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/12/helping-children-find-friends-in-a-new-town-that-arent-your-friends-too/
https://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/best-moving-books/
https://www.thespruce.com/books-help-children-cope-with-moving-2436384
https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/family-dynamics/Pages/Helping-Children-Adjust-to-a-Move.aspx <<
http://blog.shorecrest.org/move-children <<

I was thinking about the possibilities of activity books, or something like that - though looking for anything 'for kids' tends to be aimed at more like 4-8yo rather than 10yo? So I looked for 'middle grade' books (eg) -- and one of them was a Klutz book, which I remember having many of as a kid.

They're generally either some kind of arty or creative thing, or more sciencey - and a few like earthsearch that are Everything. I remember them as being extremely engaging and having heaps of activities - and generally involve learning too, which parents like. Could I do something like this, but based on activities to do when you're moving/in a new town?

Image result for klutz booksImage result for klutz booksImage result for klutz booksImage result for klutz booksImage result for klutz books science


Also had an idea about some kind of website/app which has activities and places to make friends  for new kids in specific cities

https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/children-kids-holidays/events/wellington-region

http://www.tourism.net.nz/region/wellington/attractions-and-activities/family-fun-and-activities

No comments:

Post a Comment